April 29, 2012

{pregnancy: end of week 32}


Here we are at the end of Week 32 (sorry this post is a little late- we were busy this week). I am feeling pretty good and we had some really nice weather a few days this week. I can't wait to take Emmett on some walks with the dogs. There is the best belly photo I could muster-- my shirt is pre pregnancy and you can probably tell because it doesn't come all the way over the bump lol.

I forgot to post that my dad got married 2 weeks ago in Maui. I wish we could go to Hawaii- a vacation anywhere would be great but it probably won't be happening til next year lol. We really like my new stepmom Mindy and think Emmett will be lucky to have another person to love and spoil him.

On Monday this week, I threw a bridal shower for a good friend from high school Erika! She is darling and we were on cheer for 3 years in high school and is marrying her sweet missionary Kelton. I didn't get any good pictures at the shower but here are some water bottle labels I made for it!

On Tuesday and Thursday this week, Pierce had 2 Lacrosse games. They won both of them by landslides (like 17-6 and then 16-1). Their team is still undefeated and I am so proud of my husband and his team. Here's hoping to winning State this year!

BABY SHOWER:
On Wednesday night, Pierce's good family friend Karey Law threw me a little get-together shower with some of their close long-time friends. We had delicious food and a TON of fun! Emmett got some great gifts from blankets and toys to some clothes and butt paste. Thank you to those who came and spoiled us!

 Not the best angle of me but it helps show how big the bump is getting!

 Karey, Me, Emmett & Granny Liz

One of the shower activities we did was wishes for Baby; everyone filled in their wants & hopes for Emmett and I just had to share a few!


I hope you learn to flush - Granny Liz
I hope you learn to compliment- Karey
I hope you learn acceptance- Auntie Nikki
I hope you learn to play lacrosse- Rosie
I hope you learn to be funnier than your dad- Great Grandma Pat

I hope you ignore whatever Papa tells you- Granny Liz
I hope you ignore criticism- Nancy
I hope you ignore the dishes- GG Pat
I hope you ignore Daddy when he's naughty- Jenn

I hope you aren't afraid to pee on mom- "Aunt" Jenn
I hope you aren't afraid to try new things- Karey
I hope you aren't afraid of bugs- Nikki
I hope you aren't afraid of the dark- Rosie

I hope you get to come to Granny's all the time- Granny Liz
I hope you get your daddy's sense of humor - "Aunt" Jenn
I hope you get laid (after you get married)- Nancy 
I hope you get long eyelashes- Karey
I hope you get brothers and sisters- Laura

I hope you respect mommy & daddy time- "Aunt" Jenn
I hope you respect the "Law"- Karey Law
I hope you respect your grandparents- Rosie
I hope you respect yourself- GG Pat

I hope you laugh at life- Nancy
I hope you laugh at danger- Karey
I hope you laugh a lot.- Auntie Nikki
I hope you laugh when things get tough- Laura

I hope you never forget your underwear- Karey
I hope you never forget your worth- Auntie Nikki
I hope you never forget your name- Rosie
I hope you never forget to respect your mom- GG Pat

I hope you become a badass- Karey
I hope you become a success- Rosie
I hope you become a leader not a follower- GG Pat
I hope you become a man like your daddy- Granny Liz
I hope you become the person you dream- Nancy

I hope you grow to be kind and giving- Auntie Nikki
I hope you grow flowers- Rosie
I hope you grow old with the love of your life- Laura

I hope you love chocolate- Rosie
I hope you love your heavenly father- GG Pat
I hope you love life and all that comes with it- Laura

As you can tell-- I couldn't hope or wish for anything more for Emmett myself... even growing flowers haha!

 Here is our "bad ass" pose-- hopefully Emmett's will be better!
 The great grannies for Emmett-- Pat and Rosie!
The Ellison Ladies: Nancy Martin, Nikki Ambler, Jenn Breinholt and Laura Ellison! Love them!

And lastly, they made me wear all the ribbons from the gifts! Funny guys :)

4 comments:

Helen said...

Oh my gosh those hopes are hilarious!!! SO wish I could have been there, but I hope that Emmett becomes the perfect mixture of you & pierce, and he gets to see his aunt Helen, uncle chase & cousin Charlotte a lot!!! We love you guys and I'm so glad you had a good shower! Karey throws awesome ones! And so do you- those labels look great! I can't believe you are getting so close!!!!!!! Seriously can hardly contain my excitement!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

It was a fun shower! Glad I was able to make it. You are such a cute pregnant gal. Adorable! Enjoy these last few weeks before he arrives. I miss feeling Sophia being on the inside, moving and safe. Once they get on the outside, it's a whole different world! Love it though! Good luck with the prep!

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh what a fantastic idea about the wishes! It made me teary eyed because so many of them are true. I wish Emmett the world!!!
You are looking so great Karissa. You will look back on these pictures and have such great memories!

Mrs. Walker said...

You are such a cute thing, and that Emmett is loved by so many people already. I can't wait to meet the little man!