April 13, 2012

{life as a preggers: 30 weeks}

Wow! Cannot believe we are actually here at the end of week 30! 

In a way, I never thought it would come with this baby or any baby-- in fact, it was always just a dream that I would be a mom one day and have a baby that is actually my own-- and now it is my reality. 

Sure glad it's happening.  

I am intimidated & anxious but thrilled & tickled; calm but terrified and antsy but ecstatic! So many emotions and I am sure they will continue to surge these next few weeks. 



The orange is because Baby Emmett weighs as much as 4 of these guys (3 pounds)-- of course I couldn't hold 4 nor did I want to buy 4! 


Some things we still have to do in the next 10 weeks:
 1. Wash baby's clothes
2. organize nursery
3. buy a mattress  bought this last night!!
4. attend baby showers (my favorite)
5. pack hospital bags
6. register at the hospital
7. clean the house/ get puppies groomed and ready to meet you
8. get pre-natal massage(s)
9. celebrate daddy's birthday, mother's day, my birthday and 2nd anniversary
10. set up the porta-crib, put car seat in the car

As you can see, I kind of crammed more than 10 things into my list but there is still a lot to get done and hopefully it will help pass the time!
Here is to the countdown even though I know it's up-hill from here!

2 comments:

lizwalker said...

I can help with all but # 8 and 10. Am completely retarded with #10.

Helen said...

Confession: We didn't have our car seat installed until I was in the hospital. It was on my to-do list, and I was going to go to the fire station to get them to help me, but it didn't happen. I did however, do the pet grooming (you remember that disaster! Hahahahaha I'm pretty sure carrying Slater's huge self to the groomers helped put me into labor). Anyway, the hospital also has someone registered there that knows how to install carseats. So, if you can't make it to the fire department, and want someone to check it, there will probably be someone at the hospital! Wish I were there to help- I could most DEF help with #1- I've become an expert at baby laundry :) Good luck, and don't forget slippers in your hospital bag!!! I can't believe this is all you have left! I'm so impressed! YAY for 30 weeks! You look gorg