April 10, 2012

{Liz's Birthday Bash: Part 2}

Saturday evening, they got the kids a babysitter and all the adults went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then Hunger Games. Emmett was a stinker and was up in my ribs at the start of the movie and was making me just super uncomfortable and so Pierce and I ended up having to leave early but we had seen it already so I wasn't too mad at Emmett ;)



Sunday: we all got up at 9 am and went to Jeff & Liz's sacrament, it was HOT in there (at least for me haha) and then Pierce and I went home because we had to teach our sunday school class and the rest of the group had brunch- sad we missed out on that! 

Then Pierce and I were in charge of the Easter Egg Hunt for the grandkids, so we set that all up and had fun watching them run around and gather all the eggs. It will be weird next Easter when Emmett is running around- ok maybe not running but still haha! 









We had "bunny bucks" in some of the eggs that the kids cashed in for a big present along with all the candy- Ava got a Barbie, Locke got a Lego car and the babies got Animal Books. They all also got a picture of Jesus with a child. It turned out really fun and successful I think!

Easter dinner was delish! My family got to come to dinner and they went back for thirds I'm pretty sure! Cade made the meal and it was heaven! I don't even think there were much left overs. Also, we got my mom's cake pops....and chocolate pie! It might possibly be one of my favorite things.

Sunday night Chase and Helen put together these family games all about Liz or the year she was born etc... it was so fun and we won some soap- which we really needed so thanks guys!


It turned out to be a great weekend- busy- but great and I am glad that I got to celebrate a wonderful woman's birthday in such a great way! Happy Birthday Liz, we love you!

1 comment:

Mrs. Walker said...

We *might* have left Locke's legos at the Walkers, but I promise it wasn't on purpose. it's because after we got back from the ER, Cade tried to grab all of our stuff together to pack, and I have no idea what ended up where. So, please don't be worried if you see Legos around J&L's house!

That was seriously the most spectacular Easter Egg Hunt Ever. Did Pierce tell you about the first Walker Easter Egg Hunt, and where he was in charge of hiding the eggs? He was master!!! Thank you so much for putting it on, and for all of your help. Seriously, you are such a rock star!