February 17, 2012

{make room for baby: part 1}

So I am officially into my nesting stage of wanting to de-junk everything (3 DI trips in the last 4 weeks) and wanting to start on Baby E's room-- yes we can call him baby E. I originally wanted to paint the walls a light grey but daddy ex-nayed that idea so we played a game and each picked out 3 paint colors and then narrowed in on one...and it was Disney's Cinderella Blue or something dorky like that. I have to say I love it!

Some people might think that it's a tad bit too early for us to start on the room, but Pierce is literally going ALL day EVERY day and I will be thankful when I am too big to help in any way.

Obviously, it's still a work in progress-- like we need a mattress etc. but here is just a peak at before and after!

Here are some "before" pictures that I stole from Pierce's instagram, as you can see it was messy and was just an office.



My sweet husband hard at work painting! (He doesn't know I took this!)


And now, the "After"
{when you walk in}

{another angle of the room}

{the crib minus the mattress}
{Ikea dresser that was once mine, this is where we will put the changing pad}

{the closet- clearly needing some organization still...that's for another day}

{and my office is to the side by the closet- fits great}

So we still have a TON to do but I am happy with the improvements and painting! I think we will do a subtle jungle theme- and I don't even dare to say theme- I mainly want it to be colors but I found the following 2 pictures that we may use! My mom and I are going to make the bedding because I can't find anything I love or exactly what I am wanting. I am thinking Chevron and polka dots for the bedding in some fun colors!

{this awesome elephant lamp from HomeGoods}
{and these animal prints from etsy}

1 comment:

Mrs. Walker said...

Love the color! That's a great choice. And I love the white crib with it. So beautiful!