February 23, 2012

{23 weeks}


Baby,

Welcome to hearing mommy and daddy's voices, your ears are in full function now so you can hear us singing and laughing and even music. You have a name.... Emmett. We both love it and think it will suit you perfectly, manly and strong. We found out that you have relatives on both sides with that name as well which was coincidence but seemed to make it official. The middle name for you is still being decided upon. Maybe now that you can hear us, you can give a kick to the name you like best!? Let me know! If there were any doubts about how much you weighed a few weeks ago, you are for sure 1 pound and could almost be up to 1.5! We will see at our next appt. if you are still measuring big or not but I've been working out this week to try and slow your weight gain and mine (all per Dr's orders)

How far along? 23 Weeks
Total weight gain: around 17 lbs now!
Maternity clothes? mostly maternity items but still can wear some regular shirts and pull them over the bump
Stretch marks? here and there, mostly in random places
Sleep: some nights- great, others- not so much
Best moment this week: working out- doing something for both my baby and me!
Miss Anything? sleeping on my stomach- what I wouldn't give for 1 night on my tummy!
Movement: yes usually at night
Food cravings: no cravings anymore, just constantly hungry
Anything making you queasy or sick: Tuesday night I got sick but didn't puke!!
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No- weird to think that baby E could be born and possibly survive though!
Symptoms: some pain in my hips/tailbone.. but nothing too painful or bothersome.
Belly Button in or out? getting bigger... maybe it will eventually be an outie
Wedding rings on or off? off- sadly I cannot risk my ring getting stuck, i would rather take the finger!
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy.. although the random mood swings are happening a bit more frequently.
Looking forward to: Dr's appt. and hitting the 3rd trimester!!

2 comments:

Helen said...

You look so beautiful momma! Can't wait for Emmett to arrive! So glad you made his name public and official- I love it.

mrs. [jeremy] bodtcher said...

Karissa! you look beautiful!! so glad you are doing well and staying healthy! doesn't the ring situation just suck? haha. take care of yourself and baby Emmett!