January 8, 2012

{life as a preggers: the last few weeks}

Ok so surprise surprise I sorta dropped the ball with taking weekly pictures.... let's just be honest- weeks 13 & 14 were horrible and I was constantly sick and never felt cute enough to take a picture- however, here is a picture at the end of week 14 at Christmas time. I was just looking more like I had too many of Santa's cookies than pregnant.

I think my stomach stayed about the same though those couple weeks and then bam! at the end of week 15 this is what happened:

Also, at the end of 15 weeks, we went to Fetal Studios with our parents and a couple of my siblings and Pierce's brother-in-law and sister to find out the gender. I was nervous that they wouldn't be able to tell but sure enough we are having a little BOY! I will post pictures from the ultrasound and the one from our doctor's this week that will be 3D!

I had a hunch that it was a boy but then people were saying if you are really sick- it means a girl and I felt like I get sicker the longer I am pregnant.

And suddenly, the baby boy (who we may or may not have a name for) decided since it was known he is a 'he', he would also start popping out. Here is the end of week 16:

I also made that chalkboard from a blog I found from Pinterest. I am going to take a picture with it from now on each week with a fun little fact about what's going on with Baby Boy. (It's also a corkboard so I can pin fun pictures later if I want!)

Questions:
How far along? 17 Weeks, 2 says
Total weight gained/lost: 6 pounds gained (yikes! it went from 3 to 6 within a week- normal???)
Maternity clothes? still just rocking the maternity leggings so far and proudly (but uncomfortably) still can fit into my jeans with a rubber band if needed.
Stretch marks? Just on my girls now... which is weird haha!
Sleep: waking up every.single.night. every 2-3 hours! I get uncomfortable, sick and hot during the night.
Best moment this week: realizing it had been a few days since I had thrown up-- then I threw up!
Miss Anything? not having a headache constantly and I already miss sleeping on my stomach :(
Movement: not yet- waiting for this moment any day now!
Food cravings: still just salty things, Costco hotdogs (only thing I didn't throw up yesterday) and fruit snacks.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing particular which is the most frustrating part about it I guess
Have you started to show yet: I'm gonna go with yes -- although a really nice neighbor the other day said not only could she not tell but that I look like I am 18 still haha!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, although I think Pierce would disagree haha.
Looking forward to: movements, I lay down in the shower to see if I can get the baby to move if I poke him but nothing still.



5 comments:

Helen said...

Love the chalkboard! You look great and YES you look pregnant! Adorb

Nancy said...

Cute baby bump! So excited for you guys!

mrs. [jeremy] bodtcher said...

so cute!! don't you love how it just randomly pops out overnight? So excited that you found out you are having a boy and for you to feel him kick!!! you look too adorable! xo

Chelsea said...

You look stunning! Love the chalkboard! It will be so fun to look back at the end of your pregnancy and see where you started.
Yes, totally normal to gain weight quickly like that. He's gonna be a nice healthy big boy!!
Totally love maternity leggings. I still wear mine;)
Love you!!

lizwalker said...

You look beautiful!