August 15, 2010

{Bon Voyage}


Ok, so I have some more pictures to post with news about our life as of late! I guess we will start off with our honeymoon!!! Woo hoo. We went to Puerto Varellta in Mexico! It was all thanks to Pierce’s good family friends, the Laws (thanks Dennis and Karey!!). After our reception, we went to stay overnight at the Grand America Hotel is Salt Lake, they overbooked us so they upgraded us to …..Drum rolls please….the Presidential Suite! It was 7,000 square feet and had everything from 3 bathrooms to a kitchen to a dining room! Although we didn’t get to stay in there late enough to enjoy all the coolness, we thought it was pretty lucky! We flew out Sunday morning and had a fairly easy flight into Mexico. We grabbed a taxi that took us to this beautiful sight:



Our hotel was amazing and had such cool elements for the décor. Here is us with some of the huge statues in the entrance of the hotel!




Our days consisted of sleeping in (because it was much needed after planning a wedding). Watching 2 whole seasons of Leverage, laying by the pool, venturing out to Buceras to buy necklaces, wallets, shoes, and dresses, eating the best salsa and guac I’ve ever had! We also went zip lining through the rainforest while we were there and it was a really great adventure. I don’t have any personal pictures of this because they wouldn’t allow cameras on the tour but then would charge an arm and a leg for you to buy the ones they take… so I will have to load the picture we ended up buying later.

So overall this trip was awesome because I got to be with my new Husband! Some funny story out our honeymoon:

One day we walked out to the beach and were just playing in the water, we saw a blue thing floating and I said “it looks like a jellyfish, we better move”….so we went about 50 yards away and then we just were sitting on the edge so the water could run over us when all of a sudden Pierce says “ow, ow, ow” and I see the Jellyfish around his arm so he stands up and is trying to shake it off. I start freaking out and say “Come Here, Let me pee on you!!!” so I attempted to pee on his arm but it didn’t go so well haha! Then I went and found a lifeguard and he barely spoke English and just said “ice and white wine” We didn’t know if he meant to drink the white wine or to pour it on him. So we got some ice at the hotel and just iced the burn. It turned out to be scary but I was grateful that Pierce was ok :)


The last few days I got super sick and was throwing up so we ended up leaving Mexico a few hours sooner than we originally supposed to – darn you chips and guac!

Anyway, more posts will be coming this week! Enjoy.

5 comments:

Chase said...

We love your jellyfish story! Keep the updates coming!

Chelsea said...

Finally some pics from the honeymoon!! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Walker said...

Yay for updates. Your wedding was the highlight of the summer. I think I've got the jellyfish story on camera somewhere. I'll have to see if I can download it! lol.

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

I'm so glad that you finally have pics up! Looks like fun (minus the jellyfish and the getting sick). Love you guys!

May Bo said...

Hey! we went to Mexico too. It's probably the best honeymoon place ever! I love the people.