October 10, 2011

{Pierce & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day}

Thursday I get a call from my husband...

P: "Hi, I got a crack in my windshield and a flat tire from driving over a nail"

Now, those who know Pierce well and even not so well know he likes to tease and there was just no way that could happen to a person all in 1 day.

K: "hahahahaha, ya right"

P: "no seriously"

K: "Oh.... that sucks. (trying to make him sound a little happier) Why did you drive over a nail?"

P: click.

So needless to say, it was a horrible day for my husband....and he didn't drive over a nail, but he drove over a bolt....a big bolt.



Please notice how many fingers that bolt covers- HUGE.



After hearing amounts of $500-$800 because it is AWD (meaning you usually replace all 4 tires- something I didn't know and was not thrilled about), the lovely Jeep dealership took care of us and only had to replace 1! That was lucky.

And the crack in the windshield= not so lucky- it spread like wildfire across the bottom of the windshield and we will be leaving that for a while until we can't see to drive because replacing those are expensive!

Moral of the story: When it rains, it POURS- but everything works out in the end. Now if we could get a magic fairy to fix the crack then it would really work out :)

2 comments:

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

I'm sorry cous....that same thing happened to us a few weeks ago only my car had two GIGANTIC nails in 1 tire and it was Shawn's windshield we had to get replaced because of the large crack! You're right when it rains it pours!! Hopefully, this week will be better for you! :-)

Helen said...

Ugh I hate car trouble! I honestly held up my hand to see how big the bolt was haha. I had a crack in my windshield last Christmas, but called my car insurance and they covered most of it. We only had to pay like $50-100 I think. All I did was call Abra and they came to the Falls and did it for me there, I didn't even have to go anywhere. You should check!