June 12, 2011

{DMV- Dumb, Mundane & Vile}

I just had to share a funny DMV story that I had earlier last week.
I was telling Pierce how I thought 21 sounded so much older than 20. Anyway, I had to get a new Driver's License... I have been avoiding getting one since we've gotten married because every time I go to the DMV- I have problems and I end up a grumpy gills (who is with me!?!)




Anyway, I get there prepared... SSN, Birth Cert., Marriage License- Feeling Great! I wait for about 10 mins in the line to get the number to then wait to be helped... and because not only has my address changed to our apartment, my parents don't live at the same house when I got my license....she told me I would need 2 pieces of mail proving I live at the new address. I really don't want to go home and then come back so I dig in my car glove box to find something that had my name and address. Found our check book and my car registration. Awesome!




Wait in line for another 20 mins blah blah blah... get up to the counter to make the change, guy is super nice and quick- I pass the vision test (thank goodness!) and he prints out my temporary and I stroll out thinking life is just great. My visit wasn't as horrible as I thought. I am walking out and checking out my photo for the first time- happy that it looks somewhat good! Yay! Then I read my new name and address and...





And a close up....






Hair Color says GRY. GRAY!!!! What?!- turning 21 shouldn't give me Gray hair yet!!!




So I call Pierce:
Me: Does it matter that the guy put Gray hair on my license?!?
P: Yes it probably does. Are you still there?



Me: (in my car & hoping he will help me justify not going back in) No, I am down the road.




P: You should probably go and change it.



Me: Ok......(whining)



I go back in and wait another 20 mins in the line to get a number! Get to the front and beg the lady that I should just go have the same man change said misstake and she says "Fine". WHOO HOO!



The guy was all weird about changing it and trying to tease me about being old and/or having kids that make your hair gray etc. I wasn't too amused. He said it would be changed on my permanent license, but for now I am a 21 year-old GRAY haired woman! Happy Birthday to me!



Photobucket

3 comments:

mrs. [jeremy] bodtcher said...

hahahaha! that is the most hilarious thing I've heard of in my life! too bad you had to wait so long over and over again. glad you got it straightened out though, mrs. grey.

Kayla and Trent Romney said...

that's hilarious. i love that i'm not the only one who waited forever and year to get a new license. i just went home this weekend and finally applied for my new license!! a year a half later i'm finally becoming kayla romney officially

Helen said...

I'm honestly dying. Who does that?! And I love that you were just going to keep it so you didn't have to go back! Hahaha! Ugh, I hate the DMV, glad it's all over now!