June 9, 2013

{25 things cont.}

I said I would share all the things that Pierce's family members put for why they love Pierce. I wanted to share them on here so that we have it for our records & to remind you all of how amazing my husband really is!

Liz (Mom):

1. He is hysterically funny.
2. He married well. Really well.
3. He makes beautiful children.
4. He is a great coach, but a better friend.
5. As good a friend as he is, he is an even better son.
6. His eyes are of an indefineable color.
7. He is mischievous.
8. He is known to be the President of the TMC, but this in only an allegation.
9. Locke calles him 'Papa Pierce' and he likes it.
10. He is a snuggler.
11. He has my twin pinkie.
12. He is a great athlete, but an even greater fan. (Ask D Wade)
13. He is a dedicated teacher.
14. He has rhythm. 
15. He gets up way early on a Saturday morning to help wrestle Louie to the groomers.
16. He is kind and thoughtful. Like bringing me a Jamba when I am ill.
17. He cares about his family.
18. He cares about his wife's family too.
19. He is a patient and tolerant cousin. One word; Corbin. 
20. He has great taste in music. One word; Buble
21. He loves animals with abandon. Not even married one week before Jack joined his family.
22. He loves and tolerates Granny. Hepburn that is.
23. He loves and tolerates me.
24. He has a strong desire to be better everyday and makes commitments to that goal.
25. He made it easy to come up with the previous 24 thoughts in a heartbeat!




Helen
1. P is a good guy. A great dad & a great husband to one of my favorite girls & takes really good care of his family
2. He is a good boss & coworker
3. He is a good listener
4. Also a good talker. A good balance of both!
5. He is funny
6. He is smart
7. He is a hard worker
8. He loves his nieces & nephews
9. He is trustworthy
10. He knows who he is
11. He genuinely cares about people
12. He is honest
13. He's a good brother
14. He acts tough, but I think he's really a softy (this is an endearing quality!)
15. He's tough too though
16. He is spiritual
17. He is charitable
18. He loves his family
19. He loves K's family too and is a great big brother to her siblings
20. He loves Greece!
21. He is kind
22. He is a good cousin & nephew
23. He is a jokester
24. Hes a prankster and gets people good!
25. He thought we were the same age for a long time only to find out I'm a year younger than him! Haha thanks for making me feel young, P! :P Happy birthday!!!!


Chelsea
1. Pierce knows what to say to get you to spew any drink out of your mouth.
2. He is so on top of things with work and I can always count on him getting back to me ASAP.
3. He is a really fun uncle and seems to actually enjoy playing with his nieces and nephews.
4. He has a great hair color, one of which my own son seems to be blessed with.
5. He has always had such a passion for caring for animals, and he is the first person I call when I feel concerned about anything with Spud.
6. He is a great spouse to Karissa.
7. He loves sports and it makes me love the teams he roots for.
8. He is a smart financial person who always knows where his money is going.
9. He has always been a huge cheerleader for me and my family and we really appreciate it.
10. Pierce is always a great person to chat with on the phone.
11. He is always so generous with his service. I am pretty sure he will drop anything he was doing to help someone in our family or Karissa's.
12. He is a movie guru and we always watch what he recommends because he has great taste.
13. He is a great coach and I know players still go to him for advice even when he isn't their coach anymore.
14. He is a real thoughtful gift giver.
15. He is one heck of a lacrosse player.
16. He is such a good Dad to Emmett and I love seeing E light up when Pierce is around.
17. He is a very thoughtful brother and he is always someone who calls to check in on me or calls to just say hi. Especially when he is driving :)
18. He knows his church history and loves it.
19. He is someone who will stand by you til the end of time defending you.
20. He is one heck of a prankster even if he wont admit it.
21. He is the type of person (and so is his wife) who fly across country to help us pack up and move into a new place without complaint. And made the whole transition so much fun.
22. He is very creative.
23. Pierce is incredibly loyal. Not just to family, but also to friends and acquaintances. Anyone who has him by their side is very lucky.
24. Ava wanted to say this one- Uncle Pierce is SO funny, is he moving to Utah with us? Hahaha
25. Pierce is just an overall great guy and I am blessed and honored to be his sister. 


Cade
1. Pierce is a player of percussion
2. Pierce is a perky performer of pleasantries
3. Pierce is perpetually poised for playing
4. Pierce is pragmatically precocious
5. Pierce can procreate
6. Pierce produces periodic periods of peace
7. Pierce pees.
8. Pierce’s personality is planetary
9. Pierce is pointedly (im)proper
10. Pierce’s perception is propheti
11. Pierce is prompt.
12. Pierce is pretty pragmatic
13. Pierce is purposeful
14. Pierce is publically principled
15. Pierce is pastorally patient
16. Pierce is pale
17. Pierce is passable in pretend Prussian
18. Pierce is patriarchal
19. Pierce perfidiously persuasive
20. Pierce is passionate for pets
21. Pierce is patriotic
22. Pierce plays paltry piano
23. Pierce is philanthropic
24. Pierce is poised for penultimate posturing
25. Pierce is sexy. 


Travis
1. Pierce is a good problem-solver.
2. He loves his family, both immediate and extended.
3. He knows how to get the job done.
4. He is creative.
5. He can be both the maker of a joke and the butt of it.
6. He is thoughtful.
7. Pierce is hilariously inappropriate.
8. He gives great advice.
9. He is ambitious.
10. He is dependable.
11. He is trustworthy.
12. He is competitive and pushes others to do their best.
13. He is a magnificent husband and father.
14. His testimony is strong.
15. He is nonjudgmental.
16. He knows what he wants and knows how to get it (in a good way).
17. He is not a fair-weather fan.
18. He brings out the best in people.
19. He drives a nice car.
20. He has the same hair color as my son: Sexy.
21. He is selfless.
22. He is a good friend, the kind that you list as an emergency contact.
23. Pierce is an example of the believers.
24. He is multitalented.
25. Pierce is as strong as an ox, but soft enough to cry at the end of Old Yeller.


Chase
1. Without question, Pierce is the funniest guy I know.
2. Pierce is the master of the tease.
3. Despite being the master of the tease, Pierce can be really tender-hearted.
4. Pierce is driven.
5. Pierce is thoughtful and considerate.
6. Pierce is a really loyal friend, fan, and family member.
7. Pierce knows how to break the ice and cut the cheese.
8. Pierce is someone who you can count on.
9. He is also someone really fun to travel with.
10. Pierce has an opinion- which I like.
11. Pierce knows everything about the Heat, sports, and stuff like that (Clearly so do I...)
12. Growing up, Pierce was always someone who would play imaginary games or write and preform plays with us.
13. Pierce has a testimony, and chooses when to share it.
14. So many people look up to Pierce.
15. Pierce is a good, fun, and considerate father.
16. Pierce knows how to have a good time (that didn't mean to sound percy).
17. Pierce is super smart- and knows how to work/study hard.
18. Pierce is the closest thing we have to someone black in the family because he's tall and plays basketball and has swag.
19. Pierce has good style.
20. Pierce basically got Corbin, Gleason, and soon to be Nate on a mission.
21. Pierce has a great way of making everyone feel comfortable- even when he doesn't even know the people he's making feel comfortable.
22. Pierce is inappropriate- but in a really good way- most of the time. :D
23. Pierce is a good coach, and not just for lacrosse.
24. Pierce is a good husband to Karissa- from what I've seen... i like to watch...
25. Pierce is one of my best friends. Period. 


Jeff {Dad}
1. Pierce is one fun guy to work with, so long as you don’t count Kelly.
2. Pierce loves Church history, independent of any outside influences.
3. Pierce is a favorite uncle, making all of us wish we were his nieces and nephews.
4. Pierce is a true Heat fan period.
5. Pierce understands both boys and girls lacrosse, yup boys and girls.
6. Pierce loves Greek history, its just Greek to the rest of us.
7. Pierce loves gardening, especially cutting down trees.
8. Pierce looks like the tallest in the family.
9. Pierce is great with animals, and dogs too.
10. Pierce speaks multiple languages and will take summer term classes to prove it.
11. Pierce is a true believer and God loves him.
12. Pierce is indeed a handyman to the delight of his landlord.
13. Pierce loves to organize – almost anything, almost anytime, almost anywhere.
14. Pierce is wise and not just for his age.
15. Pierce has a dependable jump shot and I understand can take a mean charge.
16. Pierce can balance a checkbook, and not just his own.
17. Pierce has a pretty amazing collection of bobble-heads.
18. Pierce is an unusually good drummer, not so much on the cornet.
19. Pierce is ambitious in all the right ways.
20. Pierce’s hair is holding surprisingly strong.
21. Pierce has his own distinctive sense of style.
22. Pierce loves his family most of the time more than we desire.
23. Pierce loves being Emmitt’s dad making Emmitt one very luck son.
24. Pierce loves Karissa and luckily it appears that Karissa loves Pierce too.
25. Pierce is loved by his dad more than he could possibly fully know.





3 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

Um, I suck. I only said happy birthday. I will come up with 25 today and post them later! Promise! I still love you, Pierce. I just don't follow directions very well....

Mrs. Walker said...

Um, I suck. I only said happy birthday. I will come up with 25 today and post them later! Promise! I still love you, Pierce. I just don't follow directions very well....

Mrs. Walker said...

1. Pierce has a way to make you feel like you are welcome. Since we have lived in Spokane, Pierce always makes us feel like he has missed us, and he is happy to see us.
2. I love Pierce's laugh. You always know when he is having a good time.
3. As president of the SDC, he used to tell Locke to do naughty things. I can imagine the kind of shenanigans he pulls as a dad, and how sweet and tender he is after.
4. I love how passionate he is about the things he loves. Basketball, lacrosse, Karissa, Emmett (Not necessarily in that order... ;) ) He jumps not just with both feet, but with his whole body.
5. He is a learner. He loves gaining knowledge.
6. He is efficient. When we worked together, he always wanted to find the most efficient way to do things, taking out repetition or trying to make it easier.
7. That being said, he is a hard worker. I'm sure everyone has said that, because we have all seen his manual labor, as well as how he puts his mind to something and finishes it.
8. He didn't kill me the first time we drove in a car together. Even though he was about 16 or 17 and texting while driving. :)
9. He went black friday shopping with me before he & K were engaged. I'll always remember how willing he was to help me, a poor law school wife trying to make Christmas happy for her family. I don't think I would have dared go without him.
10. He is a pretty great brother. I always think of the Walkers as my siblings, and Pierce has shown me what a brother acts like.
11. He is a heckuv an uncle. Since Locke was little he was always helping and making him laugh. I have a picture of Pierce feeding Locke prunes when Locke is about 6 months old, and the spoon is flying out of his hand because Locke knocked it out.
12. He loves history.
13. I love seeing what gifts he gives Karissa, because he always nails it! I need to take some classes from him or something....
14. He loves, and loves, and loves.
15. I truly believe he would do anything for his family. Pierce is a joking kind of guy, but he always turns very serious when talking about K & E.
16. Pierce has ripened with age. At 17, he was fun and hyper and ready for adventure. At 25, he is just as willing to start an adventure, but is now all wise and grown up and stuff.
17. He still teases, really well, though.
18. He is a good example to my kid, and all of his nieces and nephews.
19. I always know where I stand with Pierce. He is really straight forward. There isn't any show or pretense.
20. Pierce is the deal slayer. He can find a deal anywhere, I swear, and I hear he is the very best guy to go car shopping with because he will get you a bangin car for a great price.
21. I really like this guy. I have easily come up with 21 attributes about Pierce so far, and all of them are awesome.
22. He is pretty handsome.
23. He is active. As long as I have known him, he has always been participating in some kind of sport or exercising in some way.
24. How cool is it that he was on the row team?
25. I love you Pierce! You are one of a kind, and an absolute asset to this world. Thank you for being you!