December 5, 2011

{Pregnancy: Finding Out}

So finding out we were pregnant was a bit frustrating.... Before we found out, we had put our names on a waiting list at our apartment complex for a 2 bed 2 bath and it quickly came up at the end of September so we took it. We figured it can stand as an office until a nursery is needed. The weekend we moved, I had a hunch that I was pregnant and went and bought some tests (a box of 5).


That Thursday, the day before we moved I took a pregnancy test: negative. I was a little frustrated but hadn't missed my period yet (I will call it P so to make everyone less uncomfortable- mainly boys lol), so just thought it was coming or too soon to tell.


Friday: We moved our apartment and Pierce's parents had mentioned buying a desk for us for house sitting in October. I took another pregnancy test to see if anything had changed: negative. Saturday was the day I was supposed to start P.


So I convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant and would know by Saturday or Sunday I wasn't and we should just go ahead and get a desk and set it up as an office space.

Saturday: no P, I would keep checking and waiting and still nothing.

Sunday: repeat of Saturday- frustrated.

Monday: still no P- took ANOTHER pregnancy test and negative. I was really mad that I was wasting practically $20 (tests are expensive!) and was pretty bugged for the whole day.


Tuesday: repeat of Saturday and the last few days. I had 2 tests left and determined that if I didn't start by tomorrow morning I would take 1 more test and that was it!


Wednesday: woke up, still no sign of that P-- took a test pratically knowing the answer when this lovely popped up:


At this point, I was needing to quickly shower and head to work. Pierce was still in bed so I went and tapped his shoulder and just showed him. He was really happy and I was frustrated that it took so dang long for it to show up! It's silly now to think how frustrated I got about it- I guess I badly wanted a positive and maybe Heavenly Father knew that I needed to learn a little patience.


I called my doctor that morning and let them know I was pregnant and they were so on top of things that I got in that day for a blood draw and to get started on all my pills (to try and prevent miscarriage- I have had 2 before). Those pills and my Dr's positivity have made ALL the difference in this pregnancy in my opinion.

5 comments:

mrs. [jeremy] bodtcher said...

Oh Karissa!! I am seriously just so happy for you I am dying! I'm so happy that you finally got what you've been hoping for- the angst of wanting a baby is so terrible! I'm sorry you have had to wait for this baby- but I'm sure it's so worth it now! congrats on almost 13 weeks! love love love you!!

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

So incredibly happy for you guys!! Having a family is such an amazing adventure! :-) Congrats!

May Bo said...

It's hard to be patient sometimes isn't it?! Ag... Miscarriages are so not fun! I wish I would've blog more about pregnancy... I loved being prego haha but I was scared to post it online because of miscarriages/criticism... so way to be bold! :)Hope you don't mind that I'm blog stocking you now.

Steven and Blythe said...

Congratulations Karissa! I had no clue about your miscarriages. I am sure that was difficult. I am so happy to hear you will be blessed with a baby in June. You and Pierce will be great parents I'm sure!

Nancy said...

So excited for you guys! So glad you got on those pills. They made all the difference in my pregnancy!