July 29, 2011

{venting session}

Ok so in order to not have people misunderstand a Facebook status, I am using my blog to vent about rudeness.


Dear Rude People,
Let's be honest: There are a TON of other people who have it WAY worse than you. Choices we make in our lives should NOT affect HOW you treat others.


Like this: source

Maybe this can help put things in perspective. Life is great and we all have things we can be thankful for. I don't mean to be blunt but it's exhausting trying to keep up with all the negativity and rudeness. Everyone is going through tough stuff, we all need to help each other along this journey called life. People respond so much better when you are nice and respectful. Stress, sickness, emotions all get the best of us- I know but it's better to remember Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react.



Your wannabe-so-badly friend, Me



Some quotes that also back up what I am trying to point out here:


"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength”
Eric Hoffer


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
~ Melody Beattie

"No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks."
~ Unknown

“Men are respectable only as they respect”
Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes

“Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.”
-Winnie the Pooh


We all need to be a little bit nicer, respect a little bit more and say sorry more often.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mrs. Walker said...

Have you read "The Help"? It's about black women working in Jackson Mississippi for white women. It's a really interesting dichotomy. One of the quotes I loved was, "There she go talking about them problems of having too much". The meaning is, if we are complaining about the abundance that we have, it is probably not a good idea to complain at all. I've been stressed out about moving, possibly finding a second car, etc., and it seems to occupy my whole world. Then I remembered that I have a bank account that has money in it, I have a way to pay for food, I have the OPPORTUNITY to have a second car. I am truly blessed. Love your perspective!