February 15, 2011

{happy LOVE day}

So as everyone knows, yesterday was Valentine's Day! Last year, Pierce and I can't recall what we did to save our lives lol- so this year we decided we would make the most of being each other's Valentine! We planned a fun dinner and movie after I got off work. So after work, I stopped by the grocery store to get some cough drops and a V-day card....Ok I know I probably get worst wife award for this holiday because I bought 15-20 mins before dinner BUT I was planning on making a card and it didn't work out as well as I had hoped! Plus I really did need the cough drops! So we met at Mt. Fuji on 13th and 86th South...we had a coupon there and we love the one by our house (it's actually Pierce's favorite place) so it was an easy decision. But when we got there, we quickly learned that it is NOT the same place. They don't even have similar menus....we were a little sad. I gave Pierce his card and he said that he didn't get me one....I wasn't mad, just a little sad that he forgot. He said that he thought we weren't doing gifts or anything....I said even if we don't say we are going to do cards, you should always get one. And he acted a little sad and so I said it wasn't a big deal!! So we ate quickly (and I mean like 5 minutes that's how caca it was) and decided we had some time to kill and went to drop off one of the cars at our apartment. Pierce said that he needed to go and get a jacket so I said ok but we needed to hurry to the movie....when we walked in, our apartment was cleaned beautifully and I saw this on the table!







Some flowers, cupcakes, a card and some bubbly! Man o Man did I feel stooped by my hubby-- I shouldn't have ever doubted that he wouldn't do something super special for me! He got cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy- one of my favs! A card (man did I feel like a brat lol) and sparkling cider with some cute little glasses! The flowers were beautiful but Pierce did credit his brother Chase to helping arrange them!






Here are the flowers close up! Beautiful and flowers ALWAYS make a girl feel loved!



Happy Valentine's Day babe! I love you and am so glad that we will get to be sweethearts/Valentines forever! I've really married my best friend!



Photobucket










3 comments:

Chase said...

Pierce deserves the credit for the flowers- they were mostly done when I got there!! Be very proud of him!

And yes, love day is the best day of the year!

Kayla and Trent Romney said...

Cute! I think our spouses must think alike cuz trent got me the same kind of flowers, roses and the white ones haha. i don't know what they're called. Very tricky Pierce!

lizwalker said...

He was so excited all day long and even left work on his break and lunch to go home and clean up. He's a sneaky little buggar but you can ALWAYS count on him.