February 18, 2011

{flower power}

So for my best friend Marie's bridal shower next week, I have been busily planning and scheming away to make it a great party!! I want to go into event planning but obviously I am on a tight budget, Pierce's mom was even so great to lend me her house and help out with some things!! Anyway I have these silver candlesticks (not pictured) BUT I saw this great flower/pom pom idea from here. I knew I wanted to try it but I was nervous that it wouldn't work out the same for me but I think it was a success! I used just 4 sheets of tissue paper and cut similar size squares as the tutorial; the tissue paper was $0.99 from Target. Sorry the pictures are horrible, the dogs got to the SD card and I took these with my phone! I can't wait to display them at the shower!











Photobucket

6 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

Super cute! I love it!

Helen said...

So cute! They look so good! Can't wait to see everything you have planned!

Kelsey@RedefiningDomestic said...

I love love love those flowers! They're such great decorations!

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

Great job Karissa! I really like those!

lizwalker said...

Seriously talented girl!

Nikki A. said...

Very cute!! I'm stealing this idea for a shower I'm doing tomorrow for Alif's sister. Yours turned out great. I like the look of tissue paper a lot. It would be fun to do these during holidays and change up the colors. Too fun! Way to go :D