January 4, 2013

{New Year, New Me}

My sister in law Melisa does a word every year that she wants to make her year about. I love this idea. Instead of my list of things I want to do, don't want to do and things I know won't be "resolved", I think this year I am going to do a word as well. I want the year of twenty-thirteen to mean "Growth".

I want growth as an individual. I have many things I would like to grow in personally. My relationship with the Savior, scripture studying, personal prayers. I would like to grow physically and mentally. Working out, getting dressed (some days that seems like an accomplishment), learning new hair styles, painting my toes. Things I would like to do more often for myself but don't. I think I need to learn to take care of me as well as taking care of my family and friends!

I would like my relationship as a wife grow. I want more growth in my bond with Pierce, as parents and as best friends. 2012 was a great year, I felt closer and more united with Pierce than ever. We "discussed" less and "argued" even lesser. We are becoming great at communicating and exploring what works for our relationship and I want 2013 to continue that growth.

I want growth as a mother and as a family of 3. I want Emmett to always see progress in his parents, that we are always working to achieve something as a family unit and individually. Whether it be schooling, working, playing, saving $, etc. Emmett will quickly be on the move and growing too quickly. I would like to grow in priorities. To slow down, to savor the moment, to take more pictures, to have more meaningful memories. I want growth in Emmett, not only physically or milestones but to know that we are proud of any exploring and chasing we have to do this year with him.

To 2013. To growth. To my family and my love. And to me.

3 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

Growth is a perfect word for you! You are an amazing mother, wife, sister, and woman. I can't wait to see all the things that happen in 2013!

Chelsea said...

I love these yearly word things! I think it is nice to have something to keep focused on!

lizwalker said...

Growth is a great word for a resolution for 2013, 2014 ,2015 into eternity. We all need to grow, in the various ways you listed and even more. Without growth we become stagnant and stale, like moldy bread and cheese....now there's an appetizing image.
Might I also add that 2012 was a banner year for you. Becoming a mother is a huge and daunting task for all and you have braved it with a steely determination and resolve. You have helped your siblings weather other new family members and been a wonderful example to them. Continue your growing and I will continue to cheer you on. You are doing an excellent job!