January 28, 2011

{so I do think I am crafty}

So it's been awhile since I've posted anything but it's mainly because I am really good at stalking other's blogs but not really thinking my life is interesting. I am trying to take more and more pictures as Pierce and I do things, because in the end, I will want to remember this time in our lives as newlyweds!



Anyway, I have always loved crafting and making things and decorating....Since we've been married I have done a few crafts here and there, but it's hard with going to school full time and working 24 hours a week! Anyway, I finally made some cute crafts that I thought I would share...(I am not even sure who checks this thing anyway anymore).





So I thought of this "home" craft and got wood for every month of the year as the "o" that I will decorate and display....I've got a snowflake for January but a piece broke off so I just changed it to Feb. already! Anyway, I will now without fail have something to post once a month! I just sanded and painted the wood and then painted them-- the red sparkly is some paint I found at Robert's crafts for about $2.00! I think it was worth it!






Next craft is this cute funky heart that I've hung outside our front door. Again, I purchased the wood from a lady who my mom bunco's with! They sell it at whole sale and some of the crafts are to freaking die for! I sanded these and painted them some fun pink, then I added some black wire to hang it and some black and white polka-dot-ribbon! It's pretty cute in my opinion- I hope the pictures do it justice!

Sorry it wouldn't rotate for me for some odd reason.... (guess I need to figure out how to rotate on blogger-- please let me know if you know how!)










I am also going to be selling some signs and different craft projects- that's in the works, hopefully to have up by beginning of March! So you can place orders then!



Have a great weekend!



Photobucket

5 comments:

Kelsey@RedefiningDomestic said...

Where do you buy the wood? Is it open to the public?

Also photos are easiest using a site called Flickr that Chase showed me. You simply create an account. Then you upload pictures and take the html link and simply paste it into your post in place of the picture. It gives you more control over the picture plus the pictures look nicer and brighter than with blogger. Hope it helps!

mrs. [jeremy] bodtcher said...

I think it's so cute that you do crafts-- I realized that I started doing a lot more since I got married too! Hope you don't mind- but I might steal the "home" idea :)

ps. I love that you still have xmas music, even if it's almost February!! haha!

xoxo- Liana

Helen said...

Oooo I love those crafts! Teach me your crafty ways. I'm also loving the new blog background and header!!!

Haylie said...

I totally check your blog!

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

If you make some more of those home signs for each month of the year I will totally buy it from you! You are really good at crafts! I am in awe! Keep me posted! Love ya CUZ!