May 24, 2015

Norah's Birth Story (Part 2)

My mom had booked her flight in January for March 7-15th and like I said earlier, I was convinced that I would go over my due date and my mom would have to go back to Utah not having met Norah at all. However, Friday we had called all our family to let them know I was in labor and my mom was getting ready for her red eye flight to arrive 8:50 AM in Ohio... Perfect timing to meet baby sister. Pierce went and grabbed her from the airport, stopped by to have her cuddle Norah and then they went to relive Robyn from Emmett duty.

We had asked the nurses to wait for Pierce to help give Norah her first bath, and he ran back to our house to grab a couple things before getting my mom and they took Norah to weigh her and all that. So I found myself closing my eyes. Next thing I know, I hear her crying thinking they've done the dreaded heel prick but looked over to see this random nurse bathing her!!! I was so upset becaus Pierce wasn't there AND no one was getting any pictures. My wonderful labor nurse Erika came in to say goodbye and I stated that I was wanting pictures since Pierce missed it all & would be very upset... She grabbed some great photos thankfully but still sad missed daddy moment. They need to really let the dads be involved more during this whole process, am I right?

Spent all of Saturday cuddling and nursing and eating and sleeping. All the nurses were really so so nice. I felt weird in the sense that I hardly got any pain pills or ice for down there... Funny delivering one kid in a different state to another state and hospital.

Sunday morning I was ready to go. They technically could've waited until Monday but I was ready to get home to see my mom and Emmett and since I had her help while Pierce went back to school that next day, it was better to rest there.

No comments: